- This event has passed.
New to Supervising: Session III
October 28, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Perhaps you’ve just been promoted to a supervisory role. Or perhaps your promotion is not so recent, but you could still use some help in the transition to leading others. Either way, this three-part training is for you. Led by OMNI Managing Principal Michael Tracy, participants will meet via Zoom on three consecutive Fridays (October 14th, October 21st, and October 28th) to gain information and valuable insights on the major building blocks of becoming an effective supervisor and team leader. Because each session will build upon the previous one, participants must attend all three sessions. Scroll down for details about each session.
Membership & Outsourcing client employees may participate in this series at no cost.
All others: $100.00 per person for all three sessions
Contact Jennifer Gross-Statler to register and receive Zoom login information.
Session I: “The Essentials of Human Resource Management”
Friday, October 14th, 8:30 – 9:30 am
OMNI’s philosophy is that anyone who manages humans is a human resources manager. Every manager and supervisor should understand the essential elements associated with the field of human resources management–from compliance to best practices–to protect the interests of their organization and their employees, and to operate their teams at peak performance. This session will cover:
- Basics related to general employment laws, including FSLA, FMLA, ADA, EEO.
- Essential elements to effective human resources management, including performance.
management, compensation and reward, and employee relations.
- Recommendation and insight regarding the management of non-performance issues.
Session II: “Crucial Conversations”
Friday, October 21st, 8:30 – 9:30 am
Every day we are faced with important conversations that make us uncomfortable. In this session, you will learn to:
- Overcome confrontation avoidance.
- Get to the root of the issue and begin to solve the problem.
- Eliminate the drama and turn difficult conversations into successful communication.
Session III: “I’m Your Employer, Not Your Mother”
Friday, October 28th, 8:30 – 9:30 am
Mismanagement of underperforming employees leads to loss of productivity, negative morale, not to mention the potential for nasty and expensive litigation. Session participants will:
- Develop an understanding of and ability to define the employment relationship.
- Be able to identify performance “issues” versus performance “problems.”
- Learn to manage issues of “skill” versus issues of “will.”
- Learn critical steps to effectively manage unsuccessful employees.
- Learn to write meaningful documentation.